Crete in İstanbul

I have literally entered to 2014 making video shooting when my husband was on the stage with his band on new years eve ball. So according to this old saying, my whole year was supposed to continue in the same way. Well it actually did. The new entries are now full of videos and every each of them are continuous.
That had to mean something, but until I gathered back with beloved ones, and when they made me meet with special ones, I realize that I forgot to follow signs and listen to my heart. So that I now feel what it means. 
Here is the story...

You all know now our entry about Paradisos Büyükada which is now another sacred paradise of mine in İstanbul Princess islands, and the owner -my dear friend- Anna. The very next week Anna gave me a ring saying her dear friend Tijen wants to meet us in person, and make an interview regarding her radio "muzigindiliyok.com". It was more than a pleasure for me and we set a date for this event. Yet I stil didn't know that more was on the way. Another news from Anna was that, a friend from Greece is also in İstanbul, and she was going to be with us on the interview day. My excitement doubled because I was already a fan of this guest as she was a musician in Greece. Her name was Maria...
After we met her, and made the shooting, another new, even deeper chapter was on... Here I will be a little selfish and keep the details for myself, because in the future, the story will grow and change -maybe- as natural sequence of events. But briefly I can call the rest of the day completely "mystical". Maria was in İstanbul also to meet her cousin Oğuz, who she never met before. They are both from Crete, but the families lost each other long time ago. Next we went to a restaurant to celebrate this gathering, and we went Giritimu, which means "My Crete" where the owner is also Cretan... Maria for the sake of all these coincidences, felt home, went to the kitchen of the restaurant, and made us a Crete salad... That was the moment I felt I am no longer in İstanbul... I was in Crete. 
I am sure, everyone else felt the same feelings like I did. This was a complete luck for me. The flowing atmosphere was beyond imagination. We had all kinds of Crete mezes, had our drinks, reached other family members and talked in Cretan Greek, played Oud that Oğuz made it done specially for Maria and sang Cretan songs and songs in comon.. and I was there, like a family member, sharing this very special moments thanks to friends, and to this special power which brought us together.

This story has a deeper background. One day it may become a book and who knows who the author will be. That is why, these are the only details I am able to share with you... 

I remember reading a book of John Fowles' The Magus. The story took place in Crete. And ofcourse read and warched Zorba also took place in Crete. Now I believe this place is inspiring, and I certainly hope that my next stop will be there.. 

Nonetheless, Crete came to me on 8th February and I am glad I felt the breeze of the island before I went to there... 

I am more than glad to meet friends like themselves, and I want to thank to Anna, Tijen, Naz, Raffi, Tamar, Maria, Yorgo and Sermet to make me remember not to forget who I am, where I am, where I can go... 

Life goes on, so the journey does. 
Wishing the best for those who take right steps on their own road.

Stay with Love
Nadin 

Yorumlar

Bu blogdaki popüler yayınlar

Mimoza Mevsiminde Mimozalı Kadın

Yüzde Yüz Zomato